Information, advice and guidance service
We support young people to help make sure that all 16 and 17 year olds are getting a form of further education. This could be at school, college or at work.
Our targeted and virtual information, advice and guidance service helps young people in Medway to get education, employment or training opportunities.
We can help you to:
- recognise your skills and abilities
- discuss and plan your short and long-term career options
- look and apply for jobs and apprenticeships and help with CVs and applications
- find a training course
- apply for higher education such as sixth form, college or adult education
- find the right opportunity for you
We’ll also keep in touch to make sure you’re happy in your new course or employment.
You can contact us for advice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01634 335 599.
If you're looking for a job, you can also join our job search group.
Support for young people not in education, employment of training
We offer a targeted service for young people aged 16 and 17 who:
- are not in education, employment of training (NEET)
- are Looked After young people
- are care leavers
- have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- work with the youth offending team
We’ll help you to overcome barriers to education, employment and training and help you with your career ambitions, long and short term goals and help re-engage with education, employment and training.
This support includes:
- one-to-one careers interviews
- a written action plan
- referrals to support agencies, training providers or education establishments
- application help when applying to schools, colleges and sixth forms
- help with apprenticeship applications
- employability support including help with CVs, job searches, applications and interviews
- follow up support
We welcome referrals from internal teams, external agencies, parents or carers and young people.
If you are a young person and need support, or are a parent, carer or professional who is concerned for a young person, please email us on email@example.com.
Where are you now?
Every year we collect information on the school, college and employment choices of 16 and 17 year olds living in Medway.
We keep a record of what you are doing and report it to the government which helps us know if you need support. We will only share information about your education and employment choices.
Let us know what you're up to now by email, telephone or by completing our survey.
You can also get in touch with us on: