Tragically, people sometimes die as a result of domestic violence. When this happens, the law says that professionals involved in the case must review what happened so that we can identify what needs to be changed and reduce the risk of it happening again in the future.
The Home Office has published guidance on domestic homicide reviews including when we need to set up a review and how to do it.
If a domestic homicide takes place in Medway, the police will make sure that the right people in the council are told as quickly as possible. After this initial notification, a decision will be made about whether we need to have a domestic homicide review.
Case review documents
- Home Office QA Letter: case Rosemary
- executive summary: case Rosemary
- overview report: case Rosemary.
Case Joyce Jackson/2015
- Home Office QA Letter: case Joyce Jackson
- executive summary: case Joyce Jackson
- overview report: case Joyce Jackson.
- Home Office QA Letter: case Elizabeth
- executive summary: case Elizabeth
- overview report: case Elizabeth.
- Home Office QA Letter: case Alan/2011
- executive summary: case Alan/2011
- overview report: case Alan/2011.
- Home Office QA Letter: case Cydney/2011
- executive summary: case Cydney/2011
- overview report: case Cydney/2011.