Set in the picturesque Rochester Castle gardens, browse the stalls for unique gift ideas and unusual stocking fillers.
Come and wander the Bavarian food village or visit the funfair.
There will also be live performers keeping you entertained. Enjoy all of this while snow falls at your feet!
When to come along
The Rochester Christmas Market returned this year on:
- Saturday 24 November and Sunday 25 November from 10am to 6pm
- Friday 30 November from 12noon to 8pm
- Saturday 1 December and Sunday 2 December from 10am to 7pm
- Friday 7 December from 12 noon to 8pm
- Saturday 8 December and Sunday 9 December from 10am to 6pm
Please note: Dickensian Christmas Weekend is our busiest weekend with parades, street entertainment and open air carol concerts. So if you like to browse the stalls away from the crowds, we recommend visiting on any of the other days.
Christmas market highlights
- stalls selling Christmas trees and wreaths, decorations, handmade and personalised gifts, stocking fillers, mulled wine, artisan chocolate and much more
- live entertainment on the bandstand
- Bavarian Oompah Band performing live from 4pm on Friday 30 November and Friday 7 December
- traditional funfair - every Friday rides are only £1
- a craft fair
- Bavarian food village including German Bratwurst sausages, Hog Roast and churros
- fully-licensed bar
- guaranteed snowfall with our snow machine
As the Christmas market is set in historic Rochester there’s also a mix of shops, restaurants and period architecture to explore. Find out more about visiting Rochester.
The National Childbirth Trust (NCT)
The NCT also attended the Rochester Christmas Market this year.
If you need baby changing facilities, somewhere to breast feed or want to have a chat with other mums, please head over to Tower 2 (near the ladies toilets).
With thanks to Classicus Estates for production parking.