Welcome from Ann Domeney, Deputy Director Children and Adults
Thank you for your interest in working in Medway.
We are committed to improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people in the local area and to do that we need social workers who have the ambition and drive to help us on our journey of improvement.
Over the past few years we have redesigned our services to foster highly skilled and motivated social workers, capable of giving the children in their caseload the best service around.
We have made significant investment in training and development, adopted the systemic practice model and launched a new career progression scheme to enable social workers to progress within Medway.
Please take the time to find out more about the opportunities available within Medway.
Ann Domeney - Deputy Director Children & Adults
- providing the right service for the children at the right time, at the right place.
- innovative support for families to stay together (where safe to do so).
- focused, purposeful and evidence based interventions.
- mobilising all available resources - partners and children.
- fully embedding area-based working across the service.
This vision for children’s services supports the delivery of Council Plan priorities, in particular ‘Supporting Medway’s people to realise their potential’, ‘All children achieving their potential in schools’, and ‘Resilient families’.
We support Medway's people realise their potential through:
- Healthy and active communities
- Resilient families
- Older and disabled people living independently in their homes
- All children achieving their potential in schools