In 2017, Central Government announced a funding scheme to help local authorities to provide places for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The funding is to help local authorities to invest in provision for people with SEND aged 0 to 25. It is intended for the benefit of children and young people with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) for whom the local authority is responsible.
The funding can be invested in:
- creating new or additional places at good or outstanding provision
- improving current facilities
- developing new facilities
The funding is not intended to create additional places for pupils who do not have EHCPs.
It is also not for maintenance work that schools are required to fund such as wider doorways for pupils with mobility needs.
Medway has been allocated £2.34 million. This is being paid in three instalments for the financial years of 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2020/21.
Download the plan below which shows:
- the status of projects which were approved in 2018/19
- the projects selected for the 2019/20 round of funding
- a proposal for 2020/21