If you're a Medway resident and the NHS Test and Trace Service has told you to self-isolate you may be able to get some financial help.
The Test and Trace Support Payment is to help you during your self-isolation period if you have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), or been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
This will encourage more people to get tested, reduce the spread of coronavirus and avoid further restrictions in society.
The scheme started on 28 September and will run until 31 January 2021. It applies to people told to self-isolate on or after 28 September.
If you need to self-isolate and meet the eligibility criteria you may get £500. You will be paid this as a lump sum and you will pay Income Tax on it.
Who can apply
To be eligible, you must:
- live in Medway
- have been asked to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace Service either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- be employed or self-employed
- be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:
- do not live in Medway
- are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
- are furloughed or continue to get full wages while you self-isolate
- can work from home during a period of self-isolation
- are no longer required to self-isolate, for example, your period of self-isolation ended before the Self-Isolation Payment Scheme launched
- did not get a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate
Apply for a support payment
You can apply for the Test and Trace Support Payment online.
Before you apply
You'll need the following information to apply for the support payment:
- your 8-digit NHS Test and Trace reference
- your National Insurance number
- your contact details
- your date of birth
- a copy of the NHS Test and Trace notification you received. This can be a photo or screenshot of an email or letter, it must clearly show the date you got the notification and the Test and Trace ID
- your bank details and a copy of your latest bank statement (issued in the last two months). This can be a photo or screenshot but must clearly show the name on the account, your sort code and account number. This will be the account which you would like the payment made to if you are successful
- proof of employment, such as a recent wage slip or bank statement (issued in the last two months) showing the wages being paid into your account
- proof of self-employment, such as a recent business bank statement (issued in the last two months), most recent set of accounts or evidence of self-assessment returns
- proof of benefits, such as your benefit award letter
We will access your records in the NHS Test and Trace system to confirm your eligibility. Read the NHS Test and Trace privacy notice.
After you have applied
If you're eligible, we will pay the support payment into your bank account within 3 working days of processing your application.