Following the latest government guidance, there are now three coronavirus alert levels introduced across England to help in keeping the virus under control.
Medway is currently medium risk
This means that there is no change to the current restrictions that we’re following. We must continue to follow the guidelines to keep ourselves, our friends and family and each other safe.
What does medium risk mean?
- continue to follow the rule of 6 when seeing friends and family indoors or outside (it is illegal to see larger groups)
- pubs, bars and restaurants must continue to close by 10pm
- continue social distancing from anyone not in your household
- wear face coverings in shops, shopping centres, public transport and when visiting council buildings
- wash your hands regularly throughout the day (a thorough wash = 20 seconds)
- if you have a coronavirus symptom (a new cough, high temperature or a loss of taste and smell), stay at home and book a test online or by phoning 119
You only need to book a test if you have a coronavirus symptom.
Coronavirus hasn’t gone away – by working together we can prevent more cases and help keep Medway safe.
Latest infection rate
Use the government postcode checker to check the restrictions in your area.
Our information line will be updated every Friday afternoon with the latest coronavirus figures.
Play your part in Medway: download the app
We'll get through this together. Download the NHS Test and Trace app to help in the fight against coronavirus.
The app is available to download for free on Google Play and the App Store. It will allow you to report symptoms, order a coronavirus test and check in to venues by scanning a QR code.
Protect each other. Protect Medway. Become a Coronavirus Community Champion
We all need to continue playing our part to control the spread of the virus and prevent further restrictions.
You can help your community stay up-to-date on the latest guidelines and promote local health and wellbeing services: We’re now recruiting for Coronavirus Community Champions.
Find out more about the benefits of the role.
Sign up by emailing email@example.com.
Protect each other. We will get through this together.
Get the latest on coronavirus and Medway services.
If you have symptoms book a test straight away.