Medway's contact tracing service
We are working in partnership with Public Health England to provide a local contact tracing service as part of the wider national NHS Test and Trace programme.
How it works
Medway residents who have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) are passed to our local contact tracing service to follow up.
We will then use local data and community knowledge to:
- contact these individuals
- guide them through a contact tracing questionnaire
- identify those who they have been in contact with
- signpost them to any further support if needed.
By doing this, we can deliver a more tailored approach to contact tracing, supporting our residents and helping stop the spread of the virus.
A phone service will operate seven days a week:
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
- Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 10am to 6pm.
All correspondence from this service will come from 01634 332 200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please answer if you receive a call from this number. If we miss you the first time, we will try to phone you back again later.
Under 18s will also be contacted by phone wherever possible. They will be asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call.
Stay safe from scammers
We want to help you avoid fraudulent calls from fake contact tracers.
We will never:
- ask for bank details or payments
- ask for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- ask you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- ask you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
- ask you to download software to your PC or ask you to hand over control of your PC, smartphone or tablet to anyone else
- ask you to access any website that does not belong to the government or the NHS.
Read more about staying safe from scammers.
Support for those self-isolating
You may need additional support and help if you have been told to self-isolate.
During your self-isolation period, we can support you with accessing:
- befriending services.
You may also be eligible for financial support through the NHS Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme.
If you, or someone you know, has been asked to self-isolate and needs support, call us on 01634 333 103 or email email@example.com.
Using your information
All data used for local contact tracing will be held and processed in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the COVID-19 Notice under Regulation 3(4) of the Health Service Control of Patient Information Regulations 2002.
A data sharing agreement has also been signed between Public Health England and the Director of Public Health for Medway Council.