Medway Youth Service has set up a range of group activities for young people aged 11 to 18 (and up to 25 for those with additional needs).
They will be running sessions with youth workers that you can access using video chats.
Each session will last between 30 to 40 minutes and can be accessed on phones, tablets or computers.
How to join sessions using Microsoft Teams
We are now using Microsoft Teams to deliver a variety of youth work sessions online.
To join these calls download Microsoft Teams from the App Store, Google Play or on the Microsoft website.
Once this has been downloaded, use the session link to join the session at the advertised time. If you're having any problems you can email the worker in charge or email email@example.com.
We've changed some of the session times to avoid clashes and added a few extra sessions.
Talk to a youth worker
We're now offering bookable sessions for young people who want to talk to youth workers on their own. This could be for information and advice, support or just to chat and catch up. There will always be two youth workers on any call.
Sessions are available Monday to Friday from 11am to 4:30pm and can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workers available each day are:
- Mondays: Erin Scott, Paul Khaira and Pieter Barry
- Tuesdays: Angela Taylor, Dave Elstone and Stella Williams
- Wednesdays: Lindsay Hartney, Allan Harris and Helen Elstone
- Thursdays: Angela Cox, Robb Wilson and Dave Leece
- Fridays: Erin Scott, Paul Khaira and Pieter Barry
If you would like to talk to another youth worker who is not listed, please let us know and we will try to arrange it. You can join these sessions at your booked time and you will be taken to a waiting room to be let into the call.
Join a youth work session
4pm: Minecraft club
Join young people and youth workers online to talk about as well as play, build and create on Minecraft. If you have the latest version of Minecraft on XBOX, Playstation or PC join us in game or just drop in for a chat using Microsoft Teams.
Email email@example.com if you need any help joining the session or joining the game online.
6pm: Anime session
A session all about anime. Come talk about and discuss your favourite anime or manga shows, books and characters.
This session is with Angela and Robb.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help joining or have any questions.
7pm: Duke of Edinburgh Award online
Work towards your Duke of Edinburgh Award online with Angela and Allan.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions or need help joining.
There are no sessions currently running on Thursdays.
Online book club
We are partnering with our library team to deliver a new online book club.
The club is for young people ages 8 to 19, and up to 25 with additional needs.
Sessions are split into age groups. All the books are available to read for free online at Medway Libraries.
Find out titles, dates and how to book on book clubs
Access to the book
To access the book we are offering free digital copies through our Medway Libraries Libby App, including our eBook and eAudiobook app, which has a function to make any book dyslexia-friendly.
If you prefer something with less words you can also view 1,500+ comics and graphic novels online for all ages.
How to sign up
- Sign up for a Medway Libraries library card
- Log in to view our eBooks and eAudiobooks catalogue online using your card number and PIN. Or use the Libby app on a smartphone, tablet, eReader or the Overdrive app if using a Kindle. More about how to access eBooks and eAudiobooks including on a Kobo or Nook
- Search for Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, and select “borrow”- We recommend changing the loan period to 21 days and downloading the book.
- Read the book
- Register for the book club discussions for ages 8 to 12 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email email@example.com for the 13 to 16 and 16 and over group