Applications are now closed
You could apply for a Local Restrictions Support Grant if your business was forced to close during the national lockdown from 5 November to 1 December 2020 put in place to manage coronavirus (COVID-19).
- You must be the ratepayer and pay your rates to Medway Council.
- Your business must not have permanently ceased trading.
- Your business must have been open as usual and providing an in-person service to the public up until the national lockdown on 5 November 2020 and told to close.
You may still be eligible for a grant if your business is deemed to be non-essential retail but you have remained open to provide a click and collect or takeaway service (where takeaway service is not usually the main service provided).
- You must be the person responsible for the business.
If your business was not eligible for this grant, you can apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
Grant amounts are based on the rateable value of your business address.
|Rateable value||Grant amount|
|£15,000 or under||£1,334 per 28-day qualifying restriction period|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£2,000 per 28-day qualifying restriction period|
|£51,000 or over||£3,000 per 28-day qualifying restriction period|
After you apply
We’ll check your eligibility for the grant.
We’re expecting a high volume of applications. You should allow at least 28 days for us to process your application.
If your application is successful, we’ll pay the grant as soon as we can.
- Support for businesses and employers
- Medway for Business
- Support for businesses affected by COVID-19 on GOV.UK
- Medway Council services affected by COVID-19
Ask Phil is an advice service from the Kent & Medway Growth Hub.
It offers free advice, information and guidance that will help you to start, grow or improve your business.
To get things started you can use the 'Ask Phil' live chat box in the bottom right hand corner of this screen.
Or you can phone 01233 225 447.