Applications are now closed
You could apply for a Local Restrictions Support Grant if your business was forced to close during the local Tier 3 restrictions from 2 December to 19 December 2020 put in place to manage coronavirus (COVID-19).
You did not need to apply for this grant if you applied for a Local Restrictions Support Grant for the lockdown period from 5 November 2020.
- You must be the ratepayer and pay your rates to Medway Council.
- Your business must not have permanently ceased trading.
- Your business must have been open as usual until the national lockdown on 5 November 2020, required to close and remained closed for the whole of the 14-day period for which the grant is claimed.
If your business has been required to close your main, in-person service, but you have remained open to provide a takeaway, click and collect, or online delivery service, you will still be eligible for a grant under the closed scheme.
- You must be the person responsible for the business.
- The business must not be in administration, insolvent or have had a striking-off notice made.
- You must not exceed state aid limits.
Businesses that were open as usual and providing in-person services to customers from their business premises and then required to close for a consecutive period of no less than 14 days were eligible for this funding.
If your business was not eligible for this grant, you can apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
Grant amounts are based on the rateable value of your business address.
|Rateable value||Grant amount||Total payable for 18 days (2 December to 19 December 2020|
|£15,000 or under||£667 per 14 days||£857.57|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£1,000 per 14 days||£1,285.71|
|£51,000 or over||£1,500 per 14 days||£1,928.57|
If you applied for a Local Restrictions Support Grant for the November national lockdown period, you did not need to make a separate application for this grant. We will automatically issue the payment if you are eligible.
We have contacted businesses that we think may qualify. You should have replied to the email we sent you and confirmed that you met the qualifying conditions.
After you apply
We’ll check your eligibility for the grant.
We’re expecting a high volume of applications. You should allow at least 28 days for us to process your application.
If your application is successful, we’ll pay the grant as soon as we can.