Applications have now closed
You could apply for a Local Restrictions Support Grant if your business was forced to close during the local Tier 4 restrictions from 20 December 2020 to 4 January 2021 put in place to manage coronavirus (COVID-19).
You did not need to apply for this grant if you applied for a Local Restrictions Support Grant for the lockdown period from 5 November 2020.
- You must be the ratepayer and pay your rates to Medway Council.
- Your business must not have permanently ceased trading.
- Your business must have been required to close and remained closed for the whole of the period for which the grant is claimed.
If your business has been required to close your main, in-person service, but you have remained open to provide a takeaway, click and collect, or online delivery service, you will still be eligible for a grant under the closed scheme
- You must be the person responsible for the business.
- The business must not be in administration, insolvent or have had a striking-off notice made.
- You must not exceed state aid limits.
If your business was not eligible for this grant, you can apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
Grant amounts are based on the rateable value of your business address.
|Rateable value||Grant amount||Total payable for 16 days (20 December 2020 to 4 January 2021)|
|£15,000 or under||£667 per 14 days||£762.29|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£1,000 per 14 days||£1,142.86|
|£51,000 or over||£1,500 per 14 days||£1,714.29|
If you applied for a Local Restrictions Support Grant for the November national lockdown period, you did not need to make a separate application for this grant. We will automatically issue the payment if you are eligible.
We will automatically pay the Tier 4 grant unless we are advised that the business has permanently ceased trading.
After you apply
We’ll check your eligibility for the grant.
We’re expecting a high volume of applications. You should allow at least 28 days for us to process your application.
If your application is successful, we’ll pay the grant as soon as we can.
You do not need to repay this grant.
- Support for businesses and employers
- Medway for Business
- Support for businesses affected by COVID-19 on GOV.UK
- Medway Council services affected by COVID-19
Ask Phil is an advice service from the Kent & Medway Growth Hub.
It offers free advice, information and guidance that will help you to start, grow or improve your business.
To get things started you can use the 'Ask Phil' live chat box in the bottom right hand corner of this screen.
Or you can phone 01233 225 447.