Applications are now closed
You may have been eligible for a one-off payment if your business was forced to close during the national lockdown period from 5 January 2021 put in place to manage coronavirus (COVID-19).
This payment is in addition to the Local Restrictions Support Grant payable for the period beginning 5 January 2021.
You did not need to apply for this grant if you applied for a Local Restrictions Support Grant for the lockdown period from 5 November 2020.
- You must be the ratepayer and pay your rates to Medway Council.
- Your business must not have permanently ceased trading.
- Your business must have been required to close, and remained closed, for the whole of the period for which the grant is claimed.
If your business has been required to close your main, in-person service, but you have remained open to provide a takeaway, click and collect, or online delivery service, you will still be eligible for a grant under the closed scheme.
- You must be the person responsible for the business.
- The business must not be in administration, insolvent or have had a striking-off notice made.
- You must not exceed state aid limits.
If your business was not eligible for this grant, you can apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
Grant amounts are based on the rateable value of your business address.
The one-off payments where applicable will be:
|Rateable value||Grant amount|
|£15,000 or under||£4,000|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£6,000|
|£51,000 or over||£9,000|
If you have applied for a Local Restrictions Support Grant for the November national lockdown period, you did not need to make a separate application for this grant. We automatically issued the payment if you were eligible.
We will be automatically paying the grant unless we are advised that the business has permanently ceased trading.
After you apply
We’ll check your eligibility for the grant.
We’re expecting a high volume of applications. You should allow at least 28 days for us to process your application.
If your application is successful, we’ll pay the grant as soon as we can.