Applications are now closed
The Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs scheme provided a one-off payment of £1,000 where Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions were in place to manage coronavirus (COVID-19) for all or part of the period between 2 and 29 December 2020.
- you must have less than 50% of your income derived from food sales
- you would have been trading on 30 November 2020 if the national lockdown had not been in place
- your business must be the ratepayer for the property concerned as of 1 December 2020
- you must not exceed state aid limits.
Outside of local restrictions, such as national lockdown and Tier 3 or 4, your business must:
- be open to the general public
- allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed
- allow drinks to be bought at a bar.
If your business was not eligible for this grant, you can apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
We have emailed pubs that already received a Local Restrictions Support Grant to find out if they qualify for the payment. You should have replied to the email we sent you to confirm that you met the qualifying conditions.
After you apply
You must have confirmed your eligibility for this grant by 28 February 2021.
You are not eligible for the grant if your business is in administration, insolvent or has had a striking-off notice made.
We may ask you at a later date to provide accounts dated no later than 11 March 2020 to demonstrate that under normal circumstances, less than 50% of your income would be derived from food sales.
Should it be found after paying the grant that you are not eligible then you will be liable to repay the sum in full.