We're inviting residents to enjoy a magnificent fireworks and laser show next month.
The popular fireworks display will return to the Great Lines Heritage Park in Gillingham on Saturday, 6 November.
There will be previews of the lasers from 7pm with the fantastic fireworks display and laser show, set to a movie greats soundtrack, at 7.30pm.
It promises to be a great evening for families to enjoy
Leader of Medway Council, Cllr Alan Jarrett, said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming thousands of residents to the Great Lines Heritage Park to celebrate fireworks night. Lasers and fireworks, choregraphed to music, will light up the sky above our award-winning heritage park. This free display promises to be a great evening for residents, and families, of all ages to enjoy, and the event supports our ambition to become a Child-Friendly City."
Residents are encouraged to walk to the fireworks and laser display and to leave their pets at home. Refreshments will be available however, there will be limited toilet facilities.
The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a professionally organised event, like the free display at the Great Lines Heritage Park, but, if you are having your own fireworks display, the council is encouraging residents to follow these tips to stay safe:
• Only buy fireworks with the CE or UKCA mark
• Keep fireworks in a closed metal box and take them out one at a time
• Follow the instructions on each firework and light them at arm’s length, using a taper
• Never give sparklers to children under five
• Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves
• Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks
• Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks
• Always supervise children
• Never go near a firework which has been lit, even if it hasn’t gone off, it could still explode
• Keep your pets indoors with the curtains closed