We are encouraging dog owners, and those thinking about getting a dog, to find out more about responsible dog ownership.
The council’s animal warden team will be travelling across Medway between July and October, visiting a different park each time.
Free microchipping, advice on responsible dog ownership and interactive games for children will be on offer at the free sessions. Residents will also be able to discuss any dog related issues in their local area with the team.
Battersea Dogs Home will also be on hand to offer dog behaviour advice and to talk about rehoming and volunteer opportunities.
The council’s Environmental Team will also provide recycling tips and advice as well as handing out recycling bags and there’ll be a special offer on caddy liners.
Residents will also be able to find out more about the council’s Climate Change action plan and PCSO Linda Colthorpe will be at some of the events to discuss the PetWatch scheme.
Dates and locations
Information, guidance and support will be available at the following locations from 11am-3pm:
- Friday, 6 August 2021: Hilly Fields Community Park, Gillingham
- Tuesday, 17 August 2021: Riverside Country Park, Gillingham
- Wednesday, 1 September 2021: Great Lines Heritage Park, Gillingham
- Thursday, 16 September 2021: The Vines, Rochester
- Friday, 1 October 2021: Rainham Recreation Ground, Rainham