The Medway Council Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Skills and Employment Grants Programme has been designed to benefit businesses and residents in Medway, and support recovery from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Different grants will be available for a variety of employment and skills schemes.
Find out more about the schemes on offer.
A Skills and Employment Training Grant has also been created to help businesses fund training they otherwise do not have the money to put on.
You may have been eligible if you met the following criteria:
- your business must be based in Medway
- your business must employ fewer than 250 people
- you must be taking on a Medway resident, aged 16 and above.
A maximum of 5 grants can be made per employer.
What you can use the grant for
The grant is flexible and can be used as appropriate by the business to enable the placement.
Good examples of ways to use the grant are to:
- subsidise wages
- pay above the minimum wage
- buy suitable equipment
- pay for travel.
What you need to apply
You will need to provide:
- your details, including name, business position and contact details
- the business name and address
- the business registration details, such as a Companies House number or VAT registration number
- additional details about the business and number of employees
- information on any previous COVID-19 grants applied for.
Register your interest
Applications are now closed.
After you apply
After you have submitted your form, we’ll contact you to discuss your request in more detail and help you through the process.
More information for businesses
- Support for businesses and employers
- Medway for Business
- Support for businesses affected by (COVID-19) on GOV.UK
Ask Phil is an advice service from the Kent & Medway Growth Hub.
It offers free advice, information and guidance that will help you to start, grow or improve your business.
To get things started you can use the 'Ask Phil' live chat box in the bottom right hand corner of this screen.
Or you can phone 01233 225 447.