Go to navigation

Fireworks and explosives

To run a premises that stores or sells fireworks of up to 2 tonnes, you must apply for a licence from Medway Council.

If you want to sell fireworks outside of the following times you also need to apply for an extra licence:

  • Bonfire Night (sales from 15 October to 10 November)
  • New Year (sales from 26 December to 31 December)
  • Chinese New Year ( sales on the first day of the Chinese New Year and 3 days after)
  • Diwali (on the day of Diwali and 3 days after)

For more information on the storage and sale of fireworks, visit our Fireworks page.

Apply for licences to store and sell fireworks

If you'd like more information or to apply for a licence to store or sell fireworks phone 01634 333 333.

If you have more than 2 tonnes

To run a premises storing more than 2 tonnes of fireworks or explosives you need a licence from the Health & Safety Executive.

If you want to hold a fireworks display

If you want to hold an event that includes a firework display you will need to apply for a temporary event notice (TEN) licence.