NHS Covid-19 app
From Monday 19 July 2021, designated venues are no longer legally required to ask visitors or staff to 'check in'.
However, businesses are strongly encouraged to keep their NHS QR code poster and maintain their logbook containing attendees’ contact details.
The app helps the NHS to trace individuals who may have COVID-19.
Find out more about:
Each shop is responsible for putting its own plans in place to help protect its staff and customers.
The government has updated its working safely guidance to help businesses get back up and running and workplaces operating as safely as possible.
Guidance for pet businesses compiled by members of the National Animal Health and Welfare Panel.
This advice is for businesses such as pet shops and breeders, rescue centres, home boarders, dog groomers and dog walkers.
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health published guidance for food delivery and takeaway. You should refer to this document for all matters regarding takeaways and delivery.
If you need to let us know that you are going to operate as a takeaway service, you should inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01634 331 700.
You should let us know:
- the name of your premises
- your full address
- your contact details
- the date you intend to start offering takeaways.
If you need further clarification on Alcohol (Premises) Licenses you can contact the Licensing Team on 01634 337 107 or email email@example.com. Medway Licensing is a shared service with Gravesham Borough Council.
Translated versions of the ‘informative’ posters featuring messaging for working from home, limiting contact, keeping a safe distance, self-isolating when alerted and handwashing are available from the Campaign Resource Centre.
You will need to be logged-in to access these. They are only available to those with an .nhs.uk or .gov.uk email address.
They include the following languages:
- Punjabi (Pakistan)
Get coronavirus related support from business representative organisations and trade associations for specific sectors.
View the directory on GOV.UK.
For more information read:
- GOV.UK's support for businesses
- GOV.UK's guidance for employers and businesses
- GOV.UK's guidance for employees
- South East Local Enterprise Partnership's coronavirus briefing
- Social distancing, keeping businesses open and in-work activities during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Trading Standards advice for Kent businesses
- Water systems and legionella: closed or limited use of buildings, such as offices, can create the right conditions for legionella to grow in water systems.