Cycling and walking - have your say
As part of our Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (LCWIP), we would like to know your views on our proposed walking and cycling routes. These are to help improve and increase the network for people travelling actively in Medway.
What an LCWIP is
Our LCWIP sets out a plan for delivering local walking and cycling networks, so that active travel is your preferred choice when travelling in Medway. This takes a long-term approach to planning and delivering walking and cycling infrastructure.
Walking and cycling for shorter journeys could help to:
- reduce congestion
- combat climate change
- improve the health of the nation.
We know that we have a good foundation for cycling and walking routes in Medway, especially for leisure purposes. Investing in the network would make it easier and more attractive for families and children to walk or cycle to school, as well as those travelling to and from their workplaces and of course, our local residents.
What the LCWIP will deliver
Our LCWIP will help to deliver:
- benefits to the local economy through reduced congestion
- an accessible programme for all, including children, older people and those with disabilities
- a boost to health and the environment through more active travel choices.
The key outcomes of our LCWIP are a:
- network plan that highlights preferred walking and cycling routes and areas for future development
- programme of improvements for future investment
- report that explains the identified improvements and network.
Find out more
Take part in the consultation
The LCWIP consultation runs from Monday 22 January 2024 until Sunday 3 March 2024.
There are a number of ways to get involved and share your views.
Complete our short survey
You can comment on specific walking or cycling routes that are most relevant or important to you and your location.
Email your thoughts
You can send us your thoughts and comments on specific walking or cycling routes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come along to one of our events to find out more.
- Tuesday 30 January: Medway Park, Gillingham, 3pm to 7pm
- Wednesday 31 January: The Pentagon Centre, Chatham, 9am to 1pm.
Request a document in an accessible format
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille you can request a document in an accessible format. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 20 working days.