Uncover the great outdoors this September. We’ve got home-grown fun for all the family at Capstone Farm Country Park on Sunday 26 September 2021.
Wild About Capstone is the final event in our summer events calendar. It replaces the previous ‘Capstone Festival’ event which last took place in 2018.
This new event is a celebration of:
- being outdoors
- enjoying the natural environment
- promoting local rural crafts, arts, farming and local food and drink.
Timings and parking
Wild About Capstone takes place between 11am and 3pm. No booking required.
The Orchard car park, main car park and the overflow car park will all be open. If visitor numbers are high on the day, we will also open 7 Acre Field as a second overflow car park.
The event will be held at the southern end of Capstone at the Orchard (next to Orchard car park).
For families parking at the main or overflow car parks, an activity trail will run from these locations up to the event site.
This year’s Wild About Capstone event has something for all the family. The activity schedule includes:
- Drop-in ranger-led crafts running from 11am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3pm including:
- picture frame making
- bug house making
- mud faces and clay creatures.
- Ranger-led walks (bookable on the day).
Other family activities
- self-led countryside code trail
- kite displays by the Kent Kite Flying Association
- meet the Capstone Alpacas.
We’re proud to be working with a range of local organisations and services that fully embrace the eco-friendly nature of the Wild About Capstone event.
Organisations attending on the day include:
- Kent Wildlife Trust
- Environmental Engagement Team (Recycling)
- Public Health Active Travel
- Climate Change Team
- Medway Urban Greenspace Forum and Plastic Free Medway
- Farmers market style-stalls (sustainably made products, local food and drink, and rural crafts).
Find out more
Check back soon for updates.
- Follow Medway Council on Facebook
- Follow Medway Council on Twitter
- Follow Medway Council on Instagram.
Share your pictures from the day on social media by using the event hashtag #WildAboutCapstone.