Many public funded organisations, professional bodies, trusts and foundations are offering advice and support to creative organisations and artists.
Let us know if there are others you think would be useful for us to promote.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) creative sector support
At Medway Council, we want to support our creative sector, especially in these uncertain and challenging times.
Together with support from partners and other local authorities, we have brought together information and advice specific to the sector.
We cannot endorse everything we post here, but we aim for it to be the central place for you to find a range of support that may help you.
We are aware that some of the funding streams listed below have now closed to applications. We are leaving the links here for you to view as most of them include information about contacts, funding and support organisations you may find helpful.
Support for all creative sectors
Small and medium-sized businesses in England can get grants between £1,000 and £5,000. This is for new equipment and technology, and professional, legal and financial or other advice to help them get back on track.
The latest Arts Council England emergency funding for organisations and individuals has now closed to applications.
View Digital Culture Network for information about:
- support organisations and individuals
- additional governmental and non-governmental support available to organisations
- support for businesses, including grants, benefits and tax relief
- direct support for freelancers
View Diversity and Arts Council’s emergency response for help developing your digital offer.
Applications for funding are open until 23 April 2020.
Artists and performers
There is support available for dancers and clubs including:
- Dance Professionals Fund
- Get involved with exercises and resources for some of your favourite New Adventures shows. Perfect for teachers and students, our activities are adapted for those with a general level of dance experience - but anyone can try these at home
- South East Dance - supporting dance artists, presenting bold new work, developing the infrastructure for dance and getting more people across the south east involved in dance
- One Dance UK – supporting all those working in the sector to achieve excellence in dance performance, education and management
- aN - advice and links to support and opportunities for visual artists
- The Artist General Benevolent Fund
- Arts Professional's magazine on Covid Culture
- Free tutorials on how to get the best from digital tools to promote your creative work
- ‘How to show your work’ and ‘How to sell art online’ two free books full of advice
- Estuary Festival now Saturday 22 May 2021 to Sunday 13 June 2021
- Resources and tools for artists and creatives from Kent Creative
Creative Industries Federation
Read guidance from the Creative Industries Federation:
The Kent and Medway Growth Hub forms part of the South East Business Hub.
It helps new and existing businesses find the most suitable type of business support available in their area.
Martin Lewis – Money Saving Expert on your rights if you are self employed, including details of support grants.
A strong brand and an organisation-wide Customer Relationship Management strategy will be key tools in the fight-back from lockdown.
Join these free advanced webinars to prepare your organisation after lockdown.
South East Creatives is a business development programme supporting growing businesses in Essex, East Sussex and Kent.