In line with the latest government guidelines, you are no longer required to wear face coverings or observe social distancing in council-run facilities. However, we appreciate that you may wish to continue to wear face coverings when visiting for your own safety - and you are welcome to do so.
The government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport.
For your safety, we will be maintaining enhanced cleaning in all our facilities and will continue to provide hand sanitisers for your use when visiting.
You will still be able to sign into our buildings using the QR code for track and trace although this is no longer a legal requirement.
Events and group activities held at our libraries and archives centre will be
returning throughout July and August.
You can use our 24-hour online services to:
- manage your libraries account online where you can borrow eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers or comics
- view online resources – including the Encyclopaedia Britannica Online and the Dictionary of National Biography
- search for books
- renew a book by logging onto your account with your library card and PIN
- join a library.
- Opening hours
- Monday - 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Tuesday - 2pm to 5pm
- Wednesday - 2pm to 5pm
- Thursday - closed
- Friday - 2pm to 5pm
- Saturday - 10am to 4pm
- Sunday - closed
All Medway libraries are closed on bank holidays.
Hempstead Neighbourhood Community Hub
- Contact details
Phone: 01634 337 799
- Free Wifi
- Bicycle Racks
- Flatbed Scanner
- Colour Printer
- Parking (Free)
- Yes: roadside parking or car park outside of school hours
- Parking (Paid)
- Public Toilets
- Study Room/Tables
- Refreshment Area
- Sure Start Centre
- Out of hours meeting facility
- Freephone for council services
- Community hub
- Art display space available
Three wall spaces:
2.64m x 3.70m
2.18m x 1.16m
2.38m x 2.19m
183cm x 45cm x 45cm each
- Meeting room for hire
More about hiring a library room
- Small local history collection
- Upstairs Reading Space
- Disabled access
Level ground near entrance with no steps
Clear and well lit signage
Wheelchair accessible shelves
Audible fire alarm
Guide dogs welcome
Audio books on CD
Books in large print