Coming this summer: your snazzy new Lordswood Library and Hub
Lordswood Library is now closed for refurbishment and will reopen in early summer 2023.
All your favourite books, digital library and council services will still be available while we're closed.
There are 14 alternative libraries in Medway. The closest locations to Lordswood are:
For the latest information follow Medway Libraries on Facebook.
Your new Lordswood Library and Hub
In addition to all of the existing services, such as public access computers, public Wi-Fi, recycling bags, and the digital library, you’ll also have direct access to a range of council services including:
- Blue Badge applications including scanning and uploading documents
- bus pass applications including scanning and uploading documents
- bulky waste bookings
- payment for council services such as rent and Council Tax.
A place for children and young people
- A place where young adults can meet and enjoy group events and activities.
- A quiet place to study or research.
- A great place for quality family time with younger children with a new children’s reading area.
- Fun events and clubs to encourage social skills and aid development.
Exciting clubs and events
When we reopen, you can look forward to a wide range of clubs, events, social groups and talks for people of all ages and interests. These include:
- Baby Bounce and Rhyme Time
- Toddler Shake and Boogie
- knitting and sewing group
- reader’s group
- pop-in and play
- Lego Club
- board games for adults
- Songs and Scones.
Your new ‘greener’ Lordswood Library and Hub
We’re making your new library and hub better for the environment as well as for you. This includes:
- thermally efficient windows to better retain heat and use of natural light
- modern, energy-efficient LED lighting
- improved heating system
- generation of our own electricity with new solar panels
- lighter, airier, and more welcoming spaces.
- Opening hours
- Monday - 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday - 2pm to 5pm
- Wednesday - closed
- Thursday - 9am to 5pm
- Friday - 9am to 5pm
- Saturday - 10am to 4pm
- Sunday - closed
All Medway libraries are closed on bank holidays.
- Contact details
Phone: 01634 337 799
- Free Wifi
- Bicycle Racks
- Flatbed Scanner
- Colour Printer
- Parking (Free)
- Parking (Paid)
- Public Toilets
- Study Room/Tables
- Refreshment Area
- Sure Start Centre
- Out of hours meeting facility
- Freephone for council services
- Community hub
- Art display space available
One wall space:
7m x 21m
183cm x 45cm x 45cm each
- Meeting room for hire
- Small local history collection
- Upstairs Reading Space
- Disabled access
Disabled access parking spaces for blue badge holders in nearby public carpark
Level ground near entrance with no steps
Clear and well lit signage
Wheelchair accessible shelves
Guide dogs welcome
Audible fire alarm
Height adjustable computer desk
Audio books on CD
Books in large print