- How to recycle
We do not accept flares (marine) through any of the waste disposal services we offer due to the hazardous and dangerous nature of the material. You should:
- Check with the place you bought them from as they may offer a ‘take back’ service
- Check with your local marina who may offer a disposal service
- Check with your local life raft service station as some offer a service
As a last resort you can contact the coast guard who offer a discretionary service at their licensed sites.
- take marine flares to a recycling centre
- dispose of marine flares with your household waste
It is an offence to:
- fire flares on land or in a harbour
- fire flares at sea for testing, practice or as fireworks
- dump pyrotechnics at sea
Damaged or out of date flares should never be used. They should be disposed of safely as soon as possible.