- Provided by:
- Medway Community Healthcare
Our community nursing service which includes district nursing, organise, deliver and manage nursing care for patients in their own homes or residential accommodation.
We also attend case conferences and promote/preserve the health needs of individuals, families and communities as well as undertake assessment and evaluation of care.
The key areas we cover, including out of hours, are:
- wound management and leg ulcer management
- palliative care
- cancer and chronic disease management
- diabetes care
- health promotion and screening
- assessment of aids of daily living
- support and education of patients and carers
- assessment of bladder and/or bowel dysfunction
- enteral feeding
- central venous access device management
- nurse prescribing
Community nursing services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you need a community or district nurse call us on 01634 891 900.
Find out more about community nursing
- 01634 337 593