The Medway Fair Trader Scheme helps you find a reliable supplier and supports consumers and businesses to comply with the law.
Medway Fair Trader members:
- get confirmation that they are a genuine, accredited business
- get an accreditation certificate, ID cards and use of the scheme logo for marketing
- are included in the online directory
- get pre-entry inspections to ensure they meet the scheme’s standards by Trading Standards
- get free help and advice
- have fair contract terms that are in plain English
- provide clear pricing and information on payment methods
- can get help with staff training
Join the fair trader scheme
To join the fair trader scheme, please complete the fair trader application form. We recommend reading the terms and conditions before you apply as businesses that don’t meet the terms and conditions may not be able to join.
Membership fees are based on the turnover of the business. A small, non VAT registered business is charged £129.17 + VAT (£155), and larger VAT registered businesses are charged at £206.67 + VAT (£248).
A non-refundable charge of £83.34 + VAT is charged when you apply and this amount will be deducted from your first year’s membership if you gain accreditation.
We make every effort to make sure members comply with the law, but we cannot guarantee that their work will never result in a complaint. Further information is available in the scheme's limitations or send your enquiry to the Fair Trader team.
Request a no cold-calling pack
You can request a no cold-calling pack by emailing email@example.com. The pack includes 'No cold-calling' stickers and is usually sent out within five working days.