The Medway Fair Trader Scheme helps you find a reliable supplier, and supports consumers and businesses to comply with the law.
Medway Fair Trader members:
- have fair contract terms that are in plain English
- provide clear pricing and information on payment methods
- get pre-entry inspections to ensure they meet the scheme’s standards by Trading Standards
- get confirmation that they are a genuine, accredited business
- get an accreditation certificate, ID cards and use of the scheme logo for marketing
- are included in the online directory
- get free help and advice
- can get help with staff training
Join the fair trader scheme
To join the fair trader scheme, please complete the fair trader application form. We recommend reading the terms and conditions before you apply as businesses that don’t meet the terms and conditions may not be able to join.
Membership fees are based on the turnover of the business, their length of membership and any additional membership enhancements they need.
All fees include VAT.
The fees for historic members (continued membership from before the 31 March 2019) are:
- £180 for small, non VAT registered business
- £250 for larger VAT registered businesses
Fees for new members from the 1 April 2019 are:
- £300 for small, non VAT registered business
- £360 for VAT registered businesses
A non-refundable charge of £120 is charged when you apply, and this amount will be deducted from your first year’s membership if you gain accreditation.
For all categories of membership the following two enhancements are available.
1. Company logo displayed in online listing
- initial set up in first year - £63.20
- yearly fee - £12
2. Extra trade categories (membership fee includes up to 3 trade category listings)
- additional trade category - £53
We make every effort to make sure members comply with the law, but we cannot guarantee that their work will never result in a complaint. Further information is available in the scheme's limitations or send your enquiry to the Fair Trader team.
Request a no cold-calling pack
You can request a no cold-calling pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The pack includes 'No cold-calling' stickers and is usually sent out within five working days.