Registration documents for international use | Registration documents for international use | Medway Council

For use in European Union countries

From 16 February 2019 you can get multilingual standard forms (MSFs) which provide a translation of a civil registration certificate and certificate of no impediment into the official language of a European Union member state. This will replace the need for a certified translation and apostille documents for use with EU countries.

This includes:

  • birth certificates
  • death certificates
  • marriage certificates
  • civil partnership certificates
  • certificates of no impediment

This list is not exhaustive.

You can apply online from 16 February 2019 by visiting the General Register Office Registration website.

For countries outside the European Union

For details on how to legalise official UK documents, including registration certificates for international use outside of the European Union (apostille process), please visit GOV.UK