Apply for a dropped kerb
Before you apply
This application takes about 20 minutes.
You must read and complete a self-assessment checklist and guidance before you apply to ensure you meet the criteria. The self-assessment checklist includes checking:
- your parking area is the correct size
- the proposed dropped kerb is 10 metres away from a junction
- the proposed dropped kerb is one metre away from a streetlight or telegraph pole
- trees in the footway near the proposed dropped kerb
- if you need planning permission
- utility covers in the proposed dropped kerb area
- parking bays outside the property
- if the property was previously owned by us
- if landowners need to be consulted such as the Housing Association.
You can find this information in the vehicle crossing guidance notes.
Refunds will not be given after you have paid for your application.
If you're unsure about any area of the checklist or need further help, you can contact the Highways team on 01634 333 333.
If you need planning permission
If you need to apply for planning permission:
- your application will be put on hold
- you should apply for planning permission through the Planning Portal.
When your planning permission is confirmed, you should contact the Highways team.
What you need to apply
To complete our online application form, you'll need to:
- have your completed self-assessment checklist
- have an address in Medway. If you're unsure you can find your local council on GOV.UK
- tell us about any trees, restrictive markings and utility covers
- upload any images of trees, restrictive markings and utility covers
- provide your contact details.
There is a £331.40 inspection fee, which is due at the time of application.
This cost is the same if you use our Term Maintenance Contractor, Volker Highways or a contractor from our approved list.