Most Medway infant schools are paired with a junior school. This means children who attend the infant school have a higher priority for a place in the paired junior school than children that do not go to the infant school.
You can still apply for a junior school that is not paired with your child's infant school, but your child will be considered as a lower priority.
Transfer to a junior school is not automatic. If your child attends a Medway infant school, you must apply for them to go to year 3 in a junior school.
Paired infant and junior schools in Medway
- Balfour Infant School and Balfour Junior Academy
- Bligh Primary School - Infants and Bligh Primary School – Juniors
- Crest Infant School and Delce Academy
- Academy of Cuxton Schools – Infants and Academy of Cuxton Schools – Juniors
- Featherby Infant School and Featherby Junior School
- Gordon Children's Academy – Infants and Gordon Children's Academy – Junior
- Greenvale Primary School and Phoenix Junior Academy
- Hempstead Infant School and Hempstead Junior School
- Horsted School - Infants and Horsted School – Juniors
- Park Wood Schools Federation - Infants and Park Wood Schools Federation – Juniors
- St John's CE Infant School and Balfour Junior Academy
- St Margaret's Infant School and St Margaret's CE Junior School
- St Peter's Infant School and Delce Academy
St Nicholas CE Primary School is not paired with a junior school, but Gordon Children's Academy has additional places in year 3 to allow for these children to apply.