We are undertaking a detailed review of the education, training and employment offer available to young people aged 16 to 19 (and up to age 25 for those with an Education, Health and Care Plan).
The review aims to expand the options and life chances of our young people by improving the education, skills and training opportunities available to them. We want to develop a richer and deeper understanding of the main issues that young people and post-16 providers in Medway face, and how these can be addressed.
The review will:
- look at the post-16 options currently available
- identify and evidence areas for development
- provide recommendations for improvement that we and our partners can take forward.
Our aim is to ensure that:
- a wide range of opportunities are available and accessible to our young people
- they are informed and advised about them
- they are supported as they progress into and through post-16 provision.
This will help ensure that they achieve in their chosen post-16 route, and that they are in a good place at age 19 to make further progress in their young adult lives.
The post-16 review
Thank you to everyone who took part in the post-16 review through our surveys and calls for evidence.
These surveys and forms have now closed. The responses are being collated and analysed.