Extremism and radicalisation are very real threats to our community. It is important to be vigilant and aware, knowing what to report and reporting it.
We all have a role in protecting vulnerable children, young people and adults from being drawn into terrorism, keeping Medway and the people here safe.
Prevent is a formal duty for Medway Council under the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015. The aim of the Prevent Strategy is to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting any form of terrorism.
The key objectives of Prevent are:
- responding to the ideological challenge of terrorism
- supporting vulnerable people and preventing people from being drawn into terrorism
- working with key sectors and institutions to address the risks.
Prevent works with individuals and communities by using voluntary early intervention to encourage them to challenge extremist and terrorist ideology and behaviour.
If you've seen a person acting suspiciously or a vehicle, unattended package or
No immediate threat
If you're concerned about possible terrorist activity or risk of radicalisation and there is no
- call us on 03000 41 41 41
- call the police on 101 or 0800 789 321
- complete an online form to report suspected terrorist activity
- refer someone to the local Prevent team if you are concerned that someone may be displaying
extremist behaviour, ideology or radicalisation.
Please try to provide as much information as possible.
Visit the ACT Early website for more information.
If someone is at risk of radicalisation, we'll refer them to the Channel Panel programme.