The Medway Fair Trader Scheme helps you find a reliable supplier, and supports consumers and businesses to comply with the law.
Medway Fair Trader members:
- have fair contract terms that are in plain English
- provide clear pricing and information on payment methods
- get pre-entry inspections to ensure they meet the scheme’s standards by Trading Standards
- get confirmation that they are a genuine, accredited business
- get an accreditation certificate, ID cards and use of the scheme logo for marketing
- are included in the online directory
- get free help and advice
- can get help with staff training.
Search for a Medway fair trader by business type
View a list of all fair traders
Join the fair trader scheme
To join the fair trader scheme, please complete the fair trader application form.
Membership fees are based on the turnover of the business, their length of membership and any additional membership enhancements they need.
All fees include VAT.
The fees for historic members (continued membership from before 31 March 2019) are:
- £208.40 for small, non-VAT-registered businesses
- £288.70 for larger VAT-registered businesses.
Fees for members who joined from 1 April 2019 are:
- £344.20 for small, non-VAT-registered businesses
- £413.20 for larger VAT-registered businesses.
A non-refundable charge of £139.20 is charged when you apply, and this amount will be deducted from your first
For all categories of membership the following 2 enhancements are available.
1. Company logo displayed in online listing
- initial set up in first year - £73.20
- yearly fee - £14.20.
2. Extra trade categories (membership fee includes up to 3 trade category listings)
- additional trade category - £61.20.
We make every effort to make sure members comply with the law, but we cannot guarantee that their work will never result in a complaint. Further information is available in the scheme's limitations or send your enquiry to the Fair Trader team.
Request a no cold-calling pack
Email email@example.com to request a no cold-calling pack. The pack includes 'No cold-calling' stickers and is usually sent out within 5 working days.