The following housing consultations are currently running:
- Tenancy agreement consultation
- Consultation on directions to the Regulator of Social Housing: tenant rights and complaints.
You can also view past housing consultations.
Under Section 102 and 103, Part 4 of the Housing Act 1985, we're required to run a formal consultation with our
The consultation gives Medway Council tenants the opportunity to view the updated tenancy agreement and make any comments they have about it.
The consultation will run for 6 weeks and closes on Friday 22 December
We cannot consider any comments made after this.
As part of the consultation, we have also included a
We'll also be trialling a Good
All new tenants moving into a flat will need to sign this agreement when they
You can comment on any of these documents.
View the documents:
You can also see our document which covers the main changes to our tenancy agreement.
All documents will come into effect from 1 April 2024.
How to have your say
There are many ways that you can have your say on our new Tenancy Agreement, Tenant’s Handbook and Good Neighbour Agreement.
Get in touch
You can share any comments you have by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: the Duty Housing Officer Line on 01634 333 344.
We'll be holding a virtual drop-in via Microsoft Teams on Monday 27 November 2023 between 10am to 2pm.
If you would like to
In person drop-ins
We'll also be holding a series of drop-in events where you can view the documents and share your comments with our Housing staff.
Come along to one of our drop-in events on:
- Friday 17 November 2023, 12pm to 2pm at Wigmore Community Hub, 208 Fairview Avenue, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 0PX
- Thursday 23 November 2023, 4pm to 6pm (please arrive no later than 5.30pm) at Rainham Library, Birling Avenue, Rainham, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 7LR
- Friday 1 December 2023, 11am to 1pm at Twydall Community Hub, 13-15 Twydall Green, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 6JY
- Friday 8 December 2023, 10am to 12pm at Gillingham Community Hub, High Street, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 1BG.
Through the changes outlined in the Social Housing White Paper, the government is taking extensive action to ensure tenants:
- are protected
- have decent quality homes
- are treated with fairness and respect.
Have your say on a proposal to use powers directing the Regulator to set standards relating to the provision of information to tenants. This includes information about making complaints, tenants’ rights, and relevant regulatory requirements.
The consultation closes on 22 November 2023.
Housing Revenue Account (HRA) resident budget consultation 2023
An HRA budget consultation was held to find out your views on rent changes, service charges and more.
This consultation has now closed.