Apply for Extra Care Housing
You can apply for Extra Care Housing if you’re 55 or over. You must also have an eligible social care need, have a local connection to Medway and have an eligible housing need.
To be eligible you must have difficulty with at least two of the following:
- maintaining and managing nutrition
- managing personal hygiene
- managing toilet needs
- getting appropriately clothed
- making use of the home safely
- maintaining a habitable home environment
- developing or maintaining family and other personal relationships
- accessing and engaging in work, training, education or volunteering
- making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community
- carrying out caring responsibilities for a child
We currently have vacancies at Atlas Place and Rogallo Place which you can now apply for.
How to apply
To apply, complete the Extra Care Housing application form and return it to by post to Adult Social Care Directorate, Level 4, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR.
Cost of Extra Care Housing
The rent and service charge costs will vary based on your individual circumstances and eligibility for benefits. You will receive one to one help and advice on accessing benefits from Optivo's Money Matters Team.
Care package and wellbeing charges will be separate.
Suitable applicants for rented apartments must submit an application form.
If you’re interested in a shared ownership property, please contact Optivo’s Home Ownership Team on 0800 121 6060 or 01795 434 606.
Download the Mutual Exchange application and guide