If you’ve noticed a problem with street lighting, then tell us about it.
Street lighting problems you can report include:
- light not working at night
- light burning during the day
- damage to lamp columns
- issues with festive lighting (when erected)
- concerns over lighting provision
What we need to know
When reporting a problem, it is helpful if you can tell us the following information in order to help us locate and repair the issue:
- The unique reference number displayed on the post (eg. ABC001)
- Description of the exact location of the light, such as the property it is outside of or opposite
- Details of the problem or request
For lights not working correctly, our maintenance contract allows up to 7 days for the first visit. The contractor will attempt to repair the light on the first visit. Some faults will require further work so this may take a longer amount of time.
For damaged lamp columns, our contractor will make the area safe, which may include removing the column and a replacement will be ordered, but may take time to be replaced due to issues such as connection or bespoke items.
When to report an emergency
Phone 01634 333 333 if you are concerned about health and safety and are reporting any of the following:-
- the post is damaged or leaning
- a concrete post is displaying horizontal cracks
- missing or damaged traffic bollards
- the cover door of post is missing or there are exposed wires
- the light fitting is loose or hanging
- smoke or abnormal noises coming from the post