Free school meals from year 3
If you have children under 19 years old and still in full time education, they may be entitled to a free school meal if you get:
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
- Income Support
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- The Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-one paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
You will not be entitled to free school meals if you get any element of Working Tax Credit or if your annual household income (as assessed by HMRC) is more than £16,190.
You will not need to provide proof of your benefit at this stage but will be contacted if proof is needed at a later date.