You must register your business premises and all practitioners carrying out skin piercing and tattooing from your premises.
Skin piercing and tattooing activities include:
- cosmetic piercing
- ear piercing
- semi-permanent skin colouring (for example, micro-pigmentation and semi-permanent make-up)
You must display a copy of the registration certificate at your premises.
If you do not register, we may take legal action against you under the Local government (miscellaneous provisions) Act 1982 as amended by the Local Government Act 2003 byelaw.
There is a one off fee to register your business premises and all practitioners.
You can register new practitioners by making an amendment to your current registration.
Fees are non-refundable and are:
- £187 for a registration (first time application)
- £88 for an amendment (making changes to a current registration)
Apply for a registration
You can apply for a registration online.
You’ll need to give us details about:
- your business
- your business premises
- the practitioners you need to register
- any convictions related to skin piercing or tattooing
If you’re paying online, you’ll need:
- a credit or debit card
- the cardholders details
If you cannot apply online phone us on 01634 333 333 and ask to apply for a skin piercing and tattooing registration.
After you apply
We aim to process applications for skin piercing and tattooing registrations within 10 working days.
We’ll keep you updated by email.