Medway Sport offers opportunities to play football across all our sites and is suitable for all ages and abilities including:
Strood 3g Soccer Centre
Find out more about Strood 3g Soccer Centre.
Watling Park Football Centre
Find out more about Watling Park Football Centre.
Medway Sport runs fun-based coached sessions for children at Strood Soccer Centre during term time.
Medway Sport also runs walking football sessions at Strood Sports Centre on:
- Tuesday: 11am to 12pm
- Friday: 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
Medway Sport, Medway Libraries, Medway Youth Service and StreetGames have joined up with Alive and Kicking and Sport England to establish 3 football hubs in Medway.
The football hubs are:
Young people can:
- borrow a ball for free from one of 3 local libraries and community hubs
- have a kick about with their mates
- bring the ball back once they have finished.
The aim is to increase access to sport and the use of local pitches, playgrounds, and parks.
To access the footballs all you need to do is join your local library and bring the ball back once you’ve finished.
The 3 libraries and hubs have also received Alive and Kicking’s award-winning mental health education football coaching curriculum and access to several football-related books.
Weekly come and play football sessions are also being held on nearby courts for young people aged 11 and over as part of the programme.
- Tuesday: Hook Meadow Recreation Ground, 2pm to 4pm (during the summer holidays)
- Wednesday: Saunders Street, Gillingham, 5.30pm to 6.30pm
- Thursday: Lordswood Library, 6pm to 8pm.
For more information email email@example.com.
Outdoor 11-a-side football pitches in Medway are generally booked via Medway's football leagues. If a club wishes to make an ad hoc booking email Medway-Countryside-Service@ncsgrp.co.uk.