Severely mentally impaired
If you are severely mentally impaired or are living with dementia and receiving one of a number of benefits, you could be entitled to a discount or exemption.
To qualify for a severely mentally impaired Council Tax discount, you must be in receipt of:
- Attendance Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- the high or mid rate care component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- an increase in the rate of Disablement Pension
- Incapacity Benefit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support (which includes a disability premium)
- the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Unemployability Supplement
- Unemployability Allowance
Once we’ve received your application we’ll send a form to your doctor to confirm severe mental impairment.
If the property is only occupied by those that are severely mentally impaired and they would normally be liable to pay the council tax, they will be exempt from payment.