Any person who has a legal interest in licensed premises can apply to be notified of any licensing matters affecting the property. The notice has effect for a period of 12 months, beginning with the day we receive it.
A person has a property interest if they:
- hold a legal interest in the premises as a freeholder or leaseholder
- are the legal mortgage of the premises
- live on the premises
- have a prescribed interest in the premises.
To apply for notification of licensing matters in relation to a property, the applicant will need to:
- complete a form to Notify us of an interest in the premises (Schedule 1 Regulation 9)
- pay the relevant fee of £21
Will tacit consent apply
Tacit consent will apply to this online notification. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the council.
For more information contact Licensing Services on 01634 337 107 or 01634 337 108 or contact Enforcement on 01634 337 112 or 01634 337 106 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write to: Licensing Unit, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR