This condition is added to club premises certificates and outlines that the committee manages the purchase of alcohol and then supplies it to its members of the club.
Mandatory Condition 4
The purchase of alcohol for the club and the supply of alcohol by the club are managed by a committee, the members of which must be 18 years of age or over, be members of the club and have been elected by other members of the club to sit on the committee.
Guidance relating to this condition
The mandatory condition reinforces some of the general conditions that the club is a 'qualifying club'.
The general conditions are:
- that under the rules of the club, persons may not be admitted to membership, or be admitted, as candidates for membership, to any of the privileges of membership without an interval of at least two days between their nomination for membership and their admission
- that under the rules of the club, those becoming members without prior nomination or application may not be admitted to the privileges of membership without an interval of at least two days between their becoming members and their admission
- that the club is established and conducted in good faith as a club
- that the club has at least 25 members
- that alcohol is not supplied to members on the premises otherwise than by or on behalf of the club.