This condition is added to club premises certificates and outlines that no individual receives any payment or benefit from supplying alcohol to members and guests of the club, unless it is of benefit to everyone who is a member of the club.
Mandatory Condition 6
That there are no arrangements for anyone to receive any direct or indirect monetary benefit from supplying alcohol on behalf of the club to members or guests, unless the benefit is one for the whole.
Guidance relating to this condition
The mandatory condition reinforces some of the general conditions that the club is a 'qualifying club'.
The general conditions are:
- that under the rules of the club, persons may not be admitted to membership, or be admitted, as candidates for membership, to any of the privileges of membership without an interval of at least two days between their nomination for membership and their admission;
- that under the rules of the club, those becoming members without prior nomination or application may not be admitted to the privileges of membership without an interval of at least two days between their becoming members and their admission;
- that the club is established and conducted in good faith as a club;
- that the club has at least 25 members;
- that alcohol is not supplied to members on the premises otherwise than by or on behalf of the club.