We support the Be Bright, Be Seen campaign to help motorists, pedestrians, cyclists and other road users stay safe on the roads.
The smallest amount of reflective wear will make a difference, whether it be a:
- key ring
- bag tag
- bike reflector
Take a look at these helpful tips to staying bright and safe:
- at night you become visible at up to 150 metres sooner when a car headlight shines on you, giving drivers up to 5 times more distance to notice you
- in the daytime, wear something brightly coloured or fluorescent as it will make you up to 15 times more visible. Remember, fluorescent clothing does not work after dark
- if you're a cyclist, it is the law to have clean and working lights on your bike - red at the back and white at the front. You must also fit your bike with red rear reflectors
- being bright is not the only way to be safer. If you're out at night, choose routes and crossing places that are well lit and remember to always use the Green Cross Code
- find the safest place to cross, and stop, look and listen.
For more information and resources see the Department for Transport's Think! website.