The benefits of positive behaviour support include:
- quality of life is improved for the individual and the support network who provide regular care
- specific behavioural improvements
- positive outcomes, such as being able to participate in the community
- a preventative approach, reducing the likelihood, and limiting the need, for additional services such as mental health services
- empowered support, reducing the need for restrictive practices. This is one of the approaches cited by the Department of Health in using a positive and proactive approach.
Image credit: Photosymbols