The British Institute of Learning Disabilities
The British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) champions the human rights of people with disabilities.
The free e-learning course gives a brief introduction into positive behaviour support that includes:
- what positive behaviour support is
- putting values into practice
- how behaviour works
- positive behaviour support interventions.
This course is available to both parents and professionals. The website also includes an optional assessment and completion certificate.
An alternative e-learning course for health care professionals is also available from MindEd.
The free e-learning course provides:
- an overview of the possible different meanings of behaviours seen in disabled children and young people from a variety of perspectives
- an insight into what it's like to experience worry and anxiety as a disabled child or young person, and what it feels like as a parent or carer who is dealing with it
- an introduction to positive behaviour support, an evidence-based approach to meeting the needs of people whose behaviours are seen by others as challenging.
Medway Community Healthcare
An e-learning course for parents.
This course introduces behaviour which challenges and increases parental awareness of positive behaviour support.
Video training. Promoting person-centred support and positive outcomes.