Do you have a passion for improving the support that individuals with a learning disability or autism receive?
The positive behaviour support (PBS) Community of Practice meet quarterly. It is a supportive community to share and learn from others who work with, care for, or support people with a learning disability or autism.
Anyone can join. You do not need to know about positive behaviour support.
The following meetings will take place on Microsoft Teams:
- Thursday 1 February 2024, 10am to 12pm - join the 1 February meeting
- Thursday 2 May 2024, 10am to 12pm - join the 2 May meeting
- Thursday 1 August 2024, 10am to 12pm - join the 1 August meeting
- Thursday 7 November 2024, 10am to 12pm - join the 7 November meeting.
For more information on how to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video webinars from our community of practice
- Saxon Way - a school wide approach to implementing PBS
- KASBAH - a residential setting application
- PERMA - a useful tool developed by Martin Seligman to develop quality of life strategies as part of a PBS plan
- implementation in Early Years SEN
- understanding your child's needs
- self-reflection and understanding your impact
- maintaining positive wellbeing, mental health and managing emotions
- helping children and young people to sleep better: a proactive approach
- how food can affect mood
- short intro into what PBS is
- more in depth intro into PBS and the project in Medway
- looking at PBS through a trauma-informed lens
- understanding emotional regulation as a proactive strategy
- an insight into Studio III low arousal techniques
- community wide application of PBS in Medway presented at BILD’S International PBS conference 2021
- small Steps - supporting sensory needs
- overuse of technology
- data collection for the family home
- positive reinforcement
- social isolation.
Image credits: Photosymbols