Do you have a passion for improving the support that individuals with a learning disability or autism receive?
The positive behaviour support (PBS) Community of Practice meet quarterly. It is a supportive community to share and learn from others who work with, care for, or support people with a learning disability or autism.
Anyone can join. You do not need to know about positive behaviour support.
We will update this page with more information about upcoming events.
For more information on how to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video webinars from our community of practice
- Saxon Way - a school wide approach to implementing PBS
- KASBAH - a residential setting application
- PERMA - a useful tool developed by Martin Seligman to develop quality of life strategies as part of a PBS plan
- implementation in Early Years SEN
- understanding your child's needs
- self-reflection and understanding your impact
- maintaining positive wellbeing, mental health and managing emotions
- helping children and young people to sleep better: a proactive approach
- how food can affect mood
- short intro into what PBS is
- more in depth intro into PBS and the project in Medway
- looking at PBS through a trauma-informed lens
- understanding emotional regulation as a proactive strategy
- an insight into Studio III low arousal techniques
- community wide application of PBS in Medway presented at BILD’S International PBS conference 2021
- small Steps - supporting sensory needs
- overuse of technology
- data collection for the family home
- positive reinforcement
- social isolation.
Image credits: Photosymbols