Formal stages of the Local Plan
There are 7 key milestones to pass to successfully adopt a new Local Plan for Medway:
- Issues and options (Regulation 18)
- Development options (Regulation 18)
- Development strategy (Regulation 18)
- Development alternatives consultation (Regulation 18)
- Publication of draft plan (Regulation 19)
- Submission for independent examination (Regulation 22)
- Adoption (Regulation 24.)
The timetable for these can be found in the local development scheme.
The consultation on stage 4 development alternatives will take place during the summer and autumn of 2023. A publication of a draft plan is due in early 2024.