Applications for the First Homes scheme should only be submitted by:
- a developer that is selling a First Homes scheme property to a first-time buyer
- an estate agent that is working with both a current First Homes property owner and a new first-time buyer.
Developers and estate agents can submit their application using our online form.
Before you begin
You’ll need to download and complete our paper application or, alternatively, complete your own version of the form. You'll be asked to attach this to our online form.
You will also be asked for:
- the applicant's details
- the mortgage advisor's details
- the conveyancer's details
- your details.
You can also provide (for each applicant):
- photographic ID
- proof of address
- last 3 month’s payslips
- last 2 P60’s (or signed off self-employed accounts)
- last 3 months bank statements
- a mortgage lender decision in principle (DiP).
If you do not provide this evidence, we'll contact the First Homes applicant for this information.
Applications will not be assessed until all of the supporting evidence is provided. We cannot consider applications if the First Homes property has not been reserved, or if any required information is missing.
Read the eligibility criteria for the First Homes scheme.
Submit a First Homes scheme application
After you apply
We’ll check the application. We aim to respond within 10 working days of receiving the application and all supporting evidence.
More about the First Homes buying process.