Published: Wednesday, 6th March 2024

We're upgrading back-office systems from 6pm on Sunday 10 March to 6am Monday 11 March 2024. This will affect some online services and payments.

The following online services and payments will not be available:

Council Tax and benefits

  • Housing Benefit overpayment
  • Pay your Council Tax online.


  • Pay your housing rent
  • Pay a service charge
  • Pay for temporary accommodation.

Waste and recycling

  • Find your bin collection date search
  • Book large or bulky item collection
  • Report a missed waste collection
  • Report graffiti or flyposting
  • Report fly-tipping
  • Report problems with a recycling point
  • Apply for assisted waste collection
  • Request recycling bags, sacks, brown organic sacks and waste bins.


  • Report an issue with a car park
  • Report a parking enforcement issue
  • Pay for a parking permit, season ticket and daily visitor vouchers
  • Parking permits issues: request, renew, transfer, report lost or stolen, and request a refund
  • Pay for a Blue Badge.

Licensing and business

  • Report a licence incident
  • Report lost property in a taxi
  • Report a taxi accident
  • Apply to register a new food business establishment
  • Apply for a licence to store and sell fireworks
  • Pay your Fair Trader fee
  • Pay Business Rates
  • Pay for a scaffolding and hoarding licence
  • Pay for an environmental permit
  • Pay for a food premises rescore
  • Apply for or renew a chaperone licence
  • Apply and pay for a skin piercing and tattooing registration or amendment 
  • Apply for a licence to sell animals as pets
  • Apply for a cats and dogs commercial boarding licence
  • Apply for a home boarding or day care licence
  • Apply for a licence to breed dogs
  • Apply for a hiring of horse licence
  • Apply for a licence to keep and train animals for exhibition.

Traffic and roads

  • Parking controls
  • Pay a penalty charge notice (PCN)
  • Apply and pay for a dropped kerb
  • Pay your street naming and numbering application
  • Request a road closure
  • Report streetworks, skips or scaffolding
  • Request a disabled parking bay
  • Report road safety and road signage issues
  • Report traffic light or pedestrian crossing issues, or request new traffic lights
  • Road salting and salt bin enquiries
  • Report damaged or faulty lamp post, insufficient lighting or festive lighting issues
  • Report gully damage, a blocked gully, flooding, or missing or loose gully cover
  • Report footway, highway maintenance issues or obstructions
  • Report damaged street furniture
  • Request a map of areas, roads or properties in Medway.


  • Report bus shelter vandalism
  • Report bus stop and shelter issues
  • Apply for a Medway Mobility pass
  • Replace a lost Arriva bus pass
  • Apply for or renew a Medway Youth Pass
  • Apply for a replacement Medway Youth Pass.


  • Tree maintenance, planning and advice
  • Tree preservation order, conservation area or planning applications
  • Make a tree donation
  • Pay for an environmental permit
  • Pay a fixed penalty notice
  • Report unauthorised work on a protected tree
  • Hedge and hedgerow enquiries
  • Apply for a Medway Council allotment
  • Report an issue with Medway Council allotments
  • Report greenspaces, parks and outdoor play areas issues
  • Request ally gate maintenance, advice or information
  • Report environmental issues, such as land contamination, light, drainage or asbestos problem
  • Report issues to Environmental Enforcement Team
  • Request street cleaning
  • Report bonfires, burning, air pollution and nuisance odours
  • Report an overgrown garden, or rubbish in a garden
  • Report food poisoning or a food complaint
  • Report noise
  • Report dog fouling or a stray, or mistreated, dangerous, missing or found dogs
  • Pay your stray dog fee
  • Report rats, bees and other pests in a public place.


  • Planning application payments (if not made via Planning Portal)
  • Pre-application advice
  • SAMMs (bird disturbance) payments.

Heritage and leisure

  • Provisional booking for castles and museums (educational visits)
  • Archive Centre payments
  • Click and collect payments from libraries (for example, dog poo bags and radar keys)
  • Passport to Leisure
  • Allotment payments
  • Make a donation to the Mayor's charities.

Social care and health

  • Community Interpreting Service payments
  • Pay your social care bill online.

Births, ceremonies and deaths

  • Pay for a memorial plaque online.


  • Find your councillor search
  • Our democracy website (
  • General enquiry form
  • General payments - sundry payments.
News archive